Thursday, June 25, 2009

He Knows Your Name

Your Name Is...?

I am not very good with remembering someones name. I can remember a face, that I won't forget, but a name, no way. It's not for lack of trying, I do, I really try and want to be that person who seems to know everyone and everyone's name. I feel horrible when I meet listeners for the second or third or tenth time and I still can not recall their names. I know that if I were on the other end, I would want to be remembered. Did I mention that I'm trying to get better at that. You have my sincere apologies if I have ever not remembered your name, please know that I am trying...

This morning, Abby and I did a story on what Dave Meurer wrote for christianitytoday.com. He told his story of not remembering his own wife's parents names! Ouch. But he ended it with a great thought on God and how He knows us by name.

I therefore take enormous comfort in a moving passage from the Bible where God declares to his people, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isaiah 43:1).

"I have called you by name."

He knows who I am. We are sometimes tempted to think of God as so lofty that he sees us as a mass of humanity, not as individuals. But here he is, calling us by name. Others may forget you, but the God of the universe knows your name. And he will never forgot.

After reading that thought, my entire outlook on my day changed. How great is it to know that the giant God of the universe who created all of mankind and all the heavens loves each and everyone of us as individuals, not as just a giant blob of His followers. The bible says, Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. That is how well our God knows us and loves us. Each.

Be blessed today,

Carlos

No comments: