Thursday, June 11, 2009

Submission is Permission

By Troma...

Tomorrow morning we are going to be interviewing Gotee Records newest artist Troma. In preping for the interview I came across this blog from her myspace page I thought was pretty neat. Enjoy!

I AM AFRAID OF SUBMISSION...

I dislike the word SUBMIT. I don't like to be TOLD what to do. Even by GOD. Why is it that we SOMEHOW think we know MORE than GOD. The boundary lines and LAWS and RULES ARE enforced due to the cause and effect rules of LIFE. Someone else fell before you. This is why the RULES are there in the FIRST place. I am not into repeating someone else's mistakes however, I guess my lack of submission is me really saying I think i'll go try it my own way GOD. I can do this on my OWN. Do it my own way. As if i know the outcome... lol sounds foolish I know... it is. I believe in myself to a fault and I'd rather not TRUST another with my FUTURE.

Can you imagine if you attempted to do everything without instructions. I am sad to say I have lived most of my LIFE this way. I've mostly thought... I CAN do it myself since I was just learning to play with toys... if you didn't want to play my game... then i'd play alone. I had no problem walking across campus alone - I was confident to take over the hallway at 3yrs old "EXCUSE ME MOMMY" i'd say walking past her... lol... I wish I could've learned that lesson as a CHILD. It's kinda like GETTING chicken POX as an ADULT... the pox always hurt way more as an adult. Just like the lesson hurts more - because it's harder to break the HABITS you've done all your life. Although "I can do it on my own" is a great attribute for leaders it can also be a huge set back and fault.

A fault to say "if you DON'T follow directions, then you can lose everything you've built with one choice." Is it worth it? NO IT'S NOT.

GOD will get all the GLORY IN THE END. He can turn it all around. BUT YOU WILL LEARN A VERY HARD LESSON and I WON'T LIE, IT HURTS!!!!!!! If you knew the pain for some of your decisions and how it would affect people around you YEARS later... i'm sure many of you would've chose different... I would have.

God - I am so tired of doing it MY WAY. MY WAY is lazy. MY WAY are shortcuts. MY WAY I think is better... but it is NOT... it's HARDER... TOUGHER... LONGER. And it hurts. Help me to trust you LORD. Help me to FOLLOW your words as written rules that really protect me. If i can't submit to you, then how can I submit to anyone else?

YOU HAVE BEEN BREAKING THIS INSIDE OF ME. ALTHOUGH IT HURTS, I WELCOME and WANT to TRUST YOU. YOU ARE TRUSTWORTHY.

Thank you... I LOVE YOU and I NEED YOU... YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE I NEED.

I DONT USE THE WORD "NEED" OFTEN... BUT I DO NEED YOU.

SUBMISSION IS PERMISSION FOR PROTECTION.

by Troma!

Check out myspace.com/tromamusic for more info.

Carlos

No comments: