Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Born to Ride?

I'm gonna find out!

I have finally done it. I finally stepped out and made the decision to go after a little dream of mine. I am going to learn to ride a motorcycle! Now, I completely understand that most people are either on one side of this or the other. When it comes to bikes it's almost like Cat vs Dog people, you either like bikes or you really don't like them.

I made mention this morning that I have officially signed my self up for a learn to ride course and immediately reaction hit the phone lines. It was almost 50 / 50 with those for and against my learning to ride. I even had people tell me that I was being irresponsible for discussing that on the air. That my talking about learning to ride could get someone else killed if they then decide to learn to ride and an accident happens!

REALLY?!?

My outlook on the morning show is this. I am going to be as real a person on the air as I am off the air. Carlos isn't a radio character, it is who I am. Want to know where I stand on something, just ask me. So I do discuss where my crazy life leads me and what I've got going on. When I stumble I share how God rescues me and when I get it right, I'll tell you how God lead me. Am I going to talk about motorcycle riding all the time? No. But I will share what I learned and my experiences in the hopes that you will learn a thing or two. Are bikes safe? No, not really. But they can be used safely and you will never ever hear me discuss popping wheelies or speeding 125 mph down the highway. That would be irresponsible of me and I would never do it. If someone gets hurt on a bike because they learned to ride after hearing me talk about, is that my fault? No. Every person makes their own decision and I won't take responsibility for someones own actions.

So my thing about my learning to ride is this. If you really don't like the idea of motorcycles and think I am an idiot for learning to ride, GREAT! Trust me, I completely understand. I've seen the pictures and heard the stories, I get that the danger is all too real and something bad can happen, but I have already chosen this path. Instead, pray for me. Pray for protection and peace as I learn to ride and safety over my life. If you choose to learn to ride because of something you heard on the morning show, tell me. I'll give you all the information I have to get you riding as safe as possible and we can lift each other up in prayer prior to our next trip on two wheels.

Be blessed, stay safe whether on two or four wheels and if you ever feel a certain way good or bad, email me. I love a good discussion and always enjoy letting people know right where I stand.

Carlos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carlos thats awesome....welcome to my side lolz..i have been riding for about three years now and i have not regretting making that decision....it one of life's guilty pleasures that i get to enjoy everyday..To this day my family and everyone else i know freak out whenever they see me on it...hope you enjoy your rides...
GB
SJ