Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Hero

From last Friday...
I meant to write this blog last Friday but I was still feeling a bit under the weather and chose to spend my weekend sleeping on my couch and not in front of my computer writing. I did catch up on all of my DVR'd shows though, which was nice.
We talked last Friday about everyday people dressing up like "Superheroes" and trying to save the world one city at a time. Click Here for the full story from CNN.com. (It was a great read) Well during the bit we talked about whether of not you would want some random guy or gal in a crazy costume coming to your rescue and we also dolled out some superhero names for our staff. Now, I always want to hear what you have to say, by email or by phone even lately by twitter and facebook. That is one thing I really love about our morning show! Abby and I try to be as listener interactive as possible. Well, I got an email that caught me off guard. Here is a snippet:
"Carlos, during your discussion about heroes this morning you did a grave disservice to all those who listen to your radio program. You failed to mention the one can save every soul. Jesus Christ! How dare you on a Christian radio station forget to mention the one who saved you! Your misstep was foolish and unfortunate."

Again, during our talk we discussed the specific idea of random everyday people dressing up as Mr. Super Dude not who is the #1 hero of all time. But we can have that conversation now I guess and let this serve as my formal apology for my foolish misstep.
MY TOP 5 SUPERHERO LIST!
1. Jesus/God: The only one who can be in all places at all times and not only knows my past, but knows my future and if we would just accept him as our Lord and Savior he will save anyone from any place and at any point. Since he is all supreme, he reigns at #1.
2. Chuck Norris: Who but Chuck Norris would come in next! Chuck Norris doesn't sleep, he waits. There is no chin behind Chuck Norris’ beard. There is only another fist. Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door. When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants. There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live. Need I go on...
3. Superman: Endowed with brazen strength, speed, and senses, not to mention flight, heat vision, and the ability to blow hurricane force winds and near-invulnerability, he moved to Metropolis and started calling himself Superman, where he fights for truth, justice and the American way!
4. Batman: Though he really doesn't have any Superpowers. He makes up for this with his intelligence and impressive acrobatic skills. He is always one step ahead of the villain he is fighting. Batman uses many gadgets (Too many to name all of them). Another famous part of Batman is his Batmobile! This armored vehicle gets him around town so he can fight villains. Just Cool.
5. Yoda: Again, sort of super. He is widely considered to be the greatest Jedi of all time and trained many Jedi. Yoda was also responsible for much of Luke Skywalker's training in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. Plus he lived to be 900 and can use the force to do just about anything.
So there you go, my official Top 5. Please note number one. He is the only one that actually exists and the only who can save the entire human race. God bless you.
Carlos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carlos,
My wife and I listen to you & Abby every morning and love the show. However, the comment made by a listener is out of line. I think they might've missed the fact that this is just a funny story you were sharing. I read about the superheroes online the day before you discussed this on the show, and your comments (and the listener comments that were called in) were hilarious. Some people need to lighten up and see the humor in life and not try to be super-spiritual man. I am a youth pastor in Tampa and one of my kids made a comment about your blog and your "formal apology". I did not feel you should have to apologize for being funny.

Keep up the great work!