Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Times Share and Me the Homer


HOMER:

I'll admit it. I'm a homer. I love to root for my home teams. The Bucs, The Lightning, The USF Bulls (to my wife's dismay of course, she's a UCF alum) and finally now THE RAYS!

The years of frustration may finally be behind us! Check out http://www.mlb.com/ and vote for some of our home town Rays players for the all-star game. More than one of them deserves to go!


TIME SHARES:

We talked about Time Shares this morning and the horror that was my only experience with them. Now I know there are reputable places with really good deals for a time share experience, I just haven't found one yet.

I was promised a free airline trip ANYWHERE in the U.S. if I would just sit through a "short" talk on time shares. -THREE HOURS LATER- They finally wrapped up only to try and one-on-one hard sell me on the time share. After another HOUR of saying no repeatedly we finally were handed our "golden ticket" to anywhere in the U.S.

That brings me to the catch. Something my father always told me, "If it's to good to be true, it probably is". In order to use my ticket I had to pay fees, $75 for processing, $10 for booking, $ airport tax, $ luxury tax, $ tax, $ tax, more $$$$$. By the time I added up all the fees and taxes I was looking at $200 or $300 dollars! Not exactly the "free" trip I was hoping for.

Anyway, live and learn. Hopefully Abby has a better experience than I did.


Carlos

No comments: