Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I called this years ago...

This was bound to happen sooner or later and I called this years ago. My friend and I were at a the Trop witnessing yet another beating of our then Devil Rays. I think at the time it was the seventh in a row.

Somewhere around the 3rd or 4th inning the "KISS CAM" shows up on the jumbo screen and immediately I turn to my friend and say, "Dude, if you even pretend to try and kiss me just to be funny, I'm going to smash my nachos in your face" jokingly said of course, but I think I was half serious. First couple, kiss, second couple, kiss and so on for a few more, then...two guys! No kiss everyone laughs and thankfully he and I were not on the screen. That's when I say, "One day there are going to pick the wrong two guys". Which leads me to this...

Seattle Washington:

A semi-famous lesbian couple enjoyed a brief peck on the lips at a recent Mariner game and were met with a swift and angry reaction from stadium security. Sirbrina Guerrero, the offender pictured on the cover of May's issue of DList, is currently a contestant on MTV's Shot at Love 2 With Tila Tequila. And the at least one mom at Safeco field is not a fan.

"(The security guard said) the mom doesn't want to explain to the kids why two girls are kissing. So I said 'well, I'm not going to stop, so you'll have to kick me out. So he said 'so I suggest you leave then,"' she said.

They didn't get kicked out, despite Safeco's code of conduct's note that "displays of affection are not appropriate in a public family setting."

Sad, but maybe now we need to re-think the use of "KISS CAM" and just use a Man and Woman situation because I agree with the lady. I don't want to have to explain to my kids why two guys or girls are kissing on the screen. I really wouldn't be that upset if they just got rid of the whole thing, however I would miss the awkward moment of two guys who aren't into each other looking at each other with the "Don't even think about" look on their faces.

Carlos

No comments: