Monday, June 23, 2008

God and Golf

My Weekend Round

It's funny how life is some times. I'm not a very good golfer and over this weekend I was having a VERY GOOD ROUND. Everything I wanted to do was working, I was putting well, chipping well, I was on course for my best round ever. Sure enough the sky got dark, the heavens ripped open and out come a down pour. Game Over.

Now, I've got that golf bug. The I've got to get back out there a.s.a.p. bug. It's funny how easy it is to get back out and do something when life treats you well. You want to experience the same success as you did before so you try to go back out there again and again.

Failure, is a different thing. When I've failed or had a bad day on the golf course I almost dread the feeling of getting back out there and trying again. If I do and things don't start off well, I almost expect it to continue that way or God forbid get worse. What I realized this morning was that even in times of failure God's plan is still at work in my life. Sometimes it's through our failures that we learn our biggest lesson and life plans that God has for us.

If you look at some Bible characters you see that most of those who made history were men who failed at some point, and some of them drastically, but who refused to continue lying in the dust. Their very failure and repentance secured for them a more ample conception of the grace of God. They learned to know Him as the God of the second chance to His children who had failed Him—and third chance, too.

When you fall, or fail. GET UP! Fall again, GET UP! AGAIN! Keep getting up and don't let failure stop you from trying. Know that God is behind you and with Him you can do anything. GET UP!

Remember:

"The Lord sustains all who fall, and raises up all who are bowed down” Psalm 145:14.

“The steps of a man are established by the Lord; and He delights in his way. When he falls, he shall not be hurled headlong; because the Lord is the One who holds his hand” Psalm 37:23-24

“For a righteous man falls seven times, and rises again, but the wicked stumble in time of calamity” Proverbs 24:16

SO IF YOU FALL, GET UP!

Carlos


No comments: