Monday, February 23, 2009

Hugs

Not So Much...

I'm not "Likes to Hug Guy". Sorry. I am, or at least think I am a very friendly, outgoing, fun-loving individual. I enjoy meeting new people, making new friends and try to be genuine. But, I'm not the huggy type guy. That being said...

TIME Magazine just did a an article that shows an increase in Hug giving and how in some places the Hug is replacing the Handshake. Really?!?! How does the Hug replace the Handshake? It baffles me.

The hug is actually a really complicated tactical maneuver. Think about it. What kind of hug is appropriate for the situation? Do you go for the full-on Hug or bear hug? Or do you do the shoulder hug or side hug? Maybe the more masculine guy hug? The worst is when you go for shoulder hug and they go for bear hug or any mixture of the hug types. You end up in this weird sort of dance not really sure who's leading or what direction to go next and you just try to not kiss or head butt each other.

Now I do agree a Hug is a very welcoming and loving way to greet someone and if you want to hug me feel free to. My mom was a very huggy person. Loved to greet people with a hug, loved to get hugs, she hugged me to death. To be honest, I'd give anything to get a hug from her right now. So the hug is not all that bad. It can just be a little confusing and needs to be given some rules or guidelines maybe. lol.

Have a Blessed Day. And feel free to hug me sometime.

Carlos

No comments: