Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Jonny Diaz

Album: Stand For You
Debut Single: More Beautiful You

Many thanks to Jonny Diaz for stopping by this morning. Check out http://www.jonnydiaz.com/ for more info and his new album and the latest news.

First, we learned that we've been mispronouncing his name all along. It's not Dee-ez, it's Die-az. Then Abby and Jonny had a little colegient tension building between them. Abby the UF alum and Jonny the FSU alum had a few football comments mentioned between them. I did my best to keep the peace. Though Abby did say we should do the interview by throwing a microphone out to them in the parking lot keep him from entering the building.

Jonny is a great guy with a bright future and from his own website Jonny writes about his radio promo tour:

So, this is the process we’re about to begin. For the next few weeks, when I’m not out of state playing a concert, I’ll be traveling to different radio stations (sometimes 4 or 5 cities a day). I have one day in particular where I’ll visit Nashville, fly to Tampa, drive to Orlando, drive to Jacksonville, and fly to Chicago.

As crazy as this sounds, I’m really excited about it. I believe in the song, and I believe that its message needs to be heard by as many people as possible. If this is what it takes, then so be it. I will surely let you know how you can help when we get to that point. For now I just ask for your prayers. Pray that the song will be well received by the station directors. Pray that my wife and I will stay strong as we spend so much time apart. Pray that I’ll stay healthy despite such a crazy schedule. Finally, pray that God will use the song however He sees fit! I’ll keep you posted.

Keep Jonny in your Prayers and of course Abby and I and The Big Big House Morning Show.

Carlos

No comments: