Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Humble Beginnings

The Friday Night Dance Jam

That my friends was the show that got me started here at Spirit FM. Back in 2002 or so, Olivia the host of Real Life Radio, asked me to come down and do a live Dance/Hip-Hop mix show with her. We did the mix show here at Spirit FM for 6 years. The only reason we stopped was because it was to much for me to do both The Big Big House Morning Show, Production for Spirit FM and the Friday Night Mix Show. But here is a picture of one of our first Friday nights!

That was Carlos, aka DJ Phokus seven years ago! (Side Note: That was one of my favorite shirts! Don't ask me why the bandanna. I don't know, it was a phase or something)
Shortly after I began the Friday Night Show I became an official Intern here at Spirit FM. Looking back, it's funny how God moves people into our lives and situations into our lives to complete His plan in us. Olivia, brought me in to Spirit FM. Between her and Bill Carl they trained me up. And if not for God, orchestrating it all and my obedience to His will in my life who knows where I would be. God is so good.

Carlos

No comments: