Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Getting Older

The Secret to Long Life?

No, it's not going to the "Fountain of Youth" in St. Augustine. Although, I have been there and its a total waste of money. The water tastes like sulfur and I've got a bottle of it on my shelf to prove it. Thank you Ponce De Leon for that one.

No, the secret to long life is (according to Herbert Hamrol at least) "wild women and good liquor". Herbert Hamrol, 106, who survived San Francisco's Great Earthquake of 1906 and recalled for later generations how his mother carried him to safety that day, has died. He smoked cigars into his 90s, and told whoever wanted to know that his secret to a long life was "wild women and good liquor," said Janine Barrett, a manager at Andronico's Market in San Francisco.

WHAT!?!?!?!

I kill myself at the gym, 3 maybe 4 times a week. I eat healthy. Watch my weight. Take vitamins. I work hard to keep my body in tip-top shape. This guy smoked like a chimney, drank and did whatever and lived to 106!

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!

And he's not the only one. One lady lived to be 104. Said the secret was a great husband and lots of chocolate. Another said his secret to get to 105 was to only smoke NON filtered cigarettes and drink lots of beer. The kicker was a guy who lived to be 101. He said, "I've never taken a vitamin once in my life. I take everyday that God gives and I do whatever I please with it. A scotch in the morning. A scotch in the evening. Lord willing, I'll see 102".

I kill it at the gym for what? After reading these stories I should just hang up the sneakers and grab a snickers bar and chase it with a piece of marble fudge cake!

This is further proof that our lives are in God's hands!

Only God knows how long I'm going to last on this crazy planet called earth. I just hope that when I go home to be with him he can say to me, "Well done. My good and faithful servant." and my secret to long life will read something like this:


"Live everyday to serve the heart of God. Do His will and let Him take care of the rest"

Be Blessed Today!

Carlos

No comments: