Monday, February 9, 2009

Tony Dungy

Uncommon

That is one way to describe the man I met this past Saturday over at Ave Maria Bookstore in Brandon. It's uncommon to meet a man with all the accolades and accomplishments that Tony has, be so humble and so approachable.

It's uncommon to meet someone who really would walk away from it all to pursue what he feels God is leading him to do. Could you walk away from a championship caliber football team with arguably the best player in the game and the millions of dollars associated with that position to do what? Serve people? Help men be better men? Could you walk away from that? I pray that if I ever have a decision like that laid before me I would.

It was great to see over 1000 people come out to meet the man behind the New York Times bestseller, Quiet Strength and the new book, Uncommon.

Carlos

No comments: