Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Stuff

Commercials and What-Not's

This years batch of super ads left me wanting more. What happened to that classic commercial that everyone talked about the next morning. Budweiser, self proclaimed "King of Beers" and one time "King of the Superbowl Ads" with their talking Frogs, Lizards and Whazup Guys is now nothing more than just another purveyor of 30 second fluff. Pepsi, tried to reclaim some of their Superbowl glory with this ad:



Made me laugh out loud, but still somewhat forgettable. I love the limo guy, by the way. I guess I just remember the old Pepsi vs Coke ads, with the Pepsi truck driver and the Coke truck driver. Those were clever and funny ads that stuck with you. The new "King of the Superbowl Commercial" has to be E-Trade.



Funny, cute and clever. A good commercial with staying power. One of the few this year. Gone may be the days of commercial after commercial that made me laugh out loud. Too bad. Commercials and the Superbowl. Maybe the only television event that successfully combines the two.

For more Super Ads check out: http://www.hulu.com/

Carlos

No comments: