Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Life and Control

Being the Co-Pilot

It is not the easiest thing for me to give up control over anything. Right now as I write this blog, Abby is running the control board, the computer, traffic, sound effects, everything! Everything I am usually in control over. It is a very weird feeling, NOT being the one driving the morning show. It is actually very hard for me to relinquish that control over to Abby. Not that she is not capable, she is very good at what she does, she is a very quick learner and can easily guide this ship with the same precision that I try to do it with. But I can't shake it. This feeling of anxiety. This feeling of not knowing what is next, or what Abby may or may not do.

The funny this is that during all this God took a quick second to show me something. The same way I'm feeling right now over Abby running the morning show, is how I treat God sometimes. When He takes me this way, I freak out, He directs me that way, I gripe. Why? Because I want to choose where I go and how I get there. I want to be my life's pilot, my life's director. It truly baffles me sometimes to think that I, Carlos, this young, fragile, stupid sheep, would basically tell God, the awesome, holy, loving creator of the universe, that I know better than He does.

So today, I'll let Abby drive our morning show and I'll take this lesson to heart and try once again to truly just let God be God over my life. Besides, I think Isaiah has it right, For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Meaning: GOD KNOWS BETTER! Let him steer the ship of your life or direct the movie in which you are the star or whatever analogy fits you best. Just let him take control. He won't steer you wrong.

Carlos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To think. God could use Abby to teach Carlos a thing or too. I think I've heard this before on the radio....IT'S ENVELOPE....the way Abby says it. LOVE YOU BOTH!