Monday, November 17, 2008

My Dad

I Love My Dad

Over the weekend my Dad and I had one of those great Father-Son heart to heart talks. The ones where you lay out everything. Life, Love, Faith, Friends and just talk to each other. We hadn't had one of those talks in a few years and after Sunday I think I may make this something we do a little more often. One thing we talked about was "Happiness" and the pursuit of it.

First, he hit me with this. "Son, everything we do here, we should do first to honor God. Because that and only that should be what we love first and foremost. Not your wife, not your job, not even me. God." I stopped to think about that and all I could say was, "Yeah, But......" But nothing he says, our first love should always be God.

Wow. I know right. How often do I put other things in front of the one who gave me life and gave his son to save it? How often to we put our careers, love, family, friends in front of the one who gave us everything?

(Again, I say, "wow"...but to myself this time...I didn't need another look of "Yeah, son I know I just blew your mind, type of looks")

Matthew 6:33 simply says, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

There is the pursuit of happiness in all its glory. In that simple phrase. God the Father of all is just up there waiting for us to truly put him where he belongs in our lives. Number One, Numero Uno.

Note: Psalm 37:25: Here is an observation of King David. "I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor His seed begging for bread."

God is faithful! He keeps His promises! Put Him first and then just watch Him bless you! And you'll find whatever it is you've been looking for.

Be Blessed and many thanks to my Dad.

Carlos

No comments: