Monday, November 3, 2008

Crappy Day

God is Good

Today has been kind of a crappy day. For no reason, I've had this dark cloud hanging over me this morning. I've been short with people, I feel testy and I just have this hurt on my heart that no amount of prayer has been able to fix. It really bugs me because a part of my job is being cheerful and happy and joyful on air to brighten people's day and I really hate being fake. But this morning I faked it.

After the morning show, through our Monday morning staff meeting, I just couldn't shake it off my shoulders. So I sit down to check some emails and see what my day is going hold when I see two emails from listeners of the morning show. God is so Good.

The first, says: I’ve been meaning to email you for over a month now. In Sept, you did a morning devotional on the Armor of God. You didn’t just read the verse, but you read the whole portion of Scripture and encouraged the listener to put on the Whole Armor of God! I wanted to let you know that I really appreciated the truths you shared during that devotional. Our weapons are definitely only effective if they are the spiritual ones! Too often, some of the devotions seem dry or rote, but I appreciate the way you make them come alive. I actually don’t get to hear the morning ones very often, so that particular day was definitely a treat! Thanks again!

The second, says: "Carlos you and Abby brighten my day sooo much. Thank you for being open about your faith and letting God touch me through your ministry."

I think I was in one of those ruts of doubt in myself and my abilities as a good communicator. I was feeling like the morning show wasn't very good, like I didn't say the right things, like I was putting myself up on a pedestal or my focus wasn't on the ministry...blah blah blah. All morning I just felt depressed. But God is soooooooooo good because he uses us to minister to each other. Two kind words about the morning show is all it took to help me to start to feel better. How often could we do the same for someone else just by letting them know they are appreciated?

Husbands remind your wives why you love them. Wives tell your husbands how special they are to you. Parents talk to your kids and let them know they are loved. Let's spread a little of God's love around to people. This is a hurting world that needs a dose of the Love of God.

Thanks to those two emailers, your emails truly blessed me this morning. And many, many thanks to all of you who listen to the Big Big House Morning Show.

Carlos

No comments: