Friday, July 24, 2009

Tal and Acacia

Here is a great blog from their website...

HELP WANTED

Let me start off by saying that I love sleep. Many people struggle with insomnia while I battle the need to get out of somnia. (Sad joke, ignore it.) I am not one of those super humans (a.k.a. every parent) that can survive with only four hours of z's. No way- I am a solid "7 hours or bust!" kind of girl. (It's a rare breed, but we do still exist, be of good cheer.) However, my passion for sleep can conflict greatly with what I'm required to do...travel.Yes, breakdowns are much more predictable/common if you are me, and I am sleep deprived (or hungry, or if my hands feel dirty, or if I have to go in a bathroom with bare feet, or if I go to the bathroom and there's no soap! Oh gross-that's a recipe for breakdown.) Well two days ago, it happened...I had a meltdown.
This was the exact recipe for it:

2 cups of insomnia
1 cup of heavy luggage
½ cup of delayed flights
½ cup of Budget closing at 1 am (Even though we had a reservation for a car there that night after our flight arrived)
¼ cup of people on the phone telling me I can use Avis instead of Budget, and after walking to and fro, they discovered that they were wrong and sorry but that we were stuck until 6 am without a vehicle
¼ cup of impatience and frustration
¼ cup of begging the Avis man to help us- that was sad to watch3 tablespoons of two sisters together for too long- pure disaster
1 ½ teaspoons of feeling completely helpless
1 teaspoon of screaming in public- yeah let's forget that part
Put that in the oven at 350 degrees and you've got Acacia breakdown!
All of that happened (with much more drama than I mentioned) and I was not happy with God. I've been feeling so weak as it is, but now this!? Cut me a break! I was losing it fast, and wanting to quit the "obedience" thing right then and there. But then (it still makes me cry thinking of it,) God intervened. It was like I saw God touch the little Avis man, because all of a sudden he started helping us! He made the call to a manager, and told us we could have a car and didn't have to come back at 5:30 to exchange it for our reserved car. (It was already 3 am at that point.) It was so odd and so quick! We tried over an hour to work it out ourselves...we still had nothin.' YHWH took over and within 10 minutes, we were out and driving to the hotel! It was a miracle. I sat in that car, dumb-founded, and completely moved by His love.
His spirit spoke the truth to me. He still cares about me. He hasn't left me to sleep in an airport. (Even if their bathrooms do have soap.) He is still leading me, and He is still with me! I want to encourage you today, especially if you feel like you've got a recipe brewing for a breakdown. YHWH deeply loves and will always cherish you. (Even with all of our missing screws.) He wants to pave the way and let us drive to freedom...but do we want it!? Can we give up our need to be right, our need to be in control? I'll admit it, I didn't pray when everything was going wrong, I just tried to get smarter and solve it by myself. I called the supervisors, I chased down managers...but my strength had no fruit.
I just read in 1 Thessalonians 1 that works are only produced by faith, labor must be prompted by love, and endurance can only be inspired by hope in Jesus Christ. "For we know, brothers loved by God, that He has chosen you, because our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction."That is Christianity, not just silly nilly words... but POWER!
Christianity is living life with the HOLY SPIRIT! I am convicted by my pride and ignorance. How do I forget that Jesus is Lord!? He is in control of everything! He offers me so many spiritual fruits and yet I try to grow them too often by myself. I am tired of feeling empty; I want fullness! It's not about my life being perfect; but about the perfect life being with me. This world would not affect me if I let myself be more affected by Jesus. It's my choice, and my responsibility to make that happen. It's time for me to pull over and ask for help. (That's not just hard for guys, believe you me.) We need real direction from a real Father and these days I'm thinking, what do I even have to lose? The Avis man already saw me scream. ;-0
So let the world know, let my heart put up the sign: HELP WANTED. I cannot solve this life by myself Lord...(so please- inquire within already!)
Ha. Much love to you.
Be Blessed.
Carlos

No comments: