Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dear Abby

Through the eyes of God

This morning was our "Dear Abby" segment on the morning show and we got an email from a young girl who had just attended her homecoming dance. The gist of the email was that she went with her date to the dance and upon arriving, he ditched her. She did say that she ended up hanging out with some friends and had an OK time, but you could tell by reading the email that she was very hurt by what took place.

Being ditched at the dance is not what every teenage girl going to homecoming dreams of. That is called "worst case scenario" and ranks up there with going to the dentist to get a tooth pulled and being kicked in the groin (from a guys perspective at least). It's just not something you want to have happen.

First, I want to tell that girl and any woman who's been in similar situations not to take that to heart. Maybe he was just embarrassed to be at a dance with a girl. (Kind of giving the young man an out here I know, but I'll give him some benefit of the doubt) Maybe he freaked and reacted that way. I know, I know, maybe he was just a mean guy and did it for whatever reason. Just know this. Through God's eyes you are a princess and he loves you more than any earthly man ever could. Our Heavenly Father loves you, cares for you and right now he hurts with you. Know that God is in control and He's holding you in His loving arms and you shouldn't let this one situation keep you from holding your self-esteem high and still feel good about yourself.

I love the verse from Jeremiah 31:3 where it says, "And from far away the Lord appeared to his people and said, "I love you people with a love that will last forever. That is why I have continued showing you kindness"

A love that will last forever! Wow. God is Awesome. Only He can promise you that. No man, and trust me when I say, no matter how hard that man may try can truly promise you such a thing. Only God. Only He can love you like that.

So next year, go to homecoming with a group of friends or just take a good friend instead of a "date" and you'll have a great time. Besides you'll have plenty of time for bad dates later in life.

God is Love...and He loves you.

Carlos

1 comment:

On a Mission said...

This is so true. Christ is the only one who will not leave you hanging. If we are looking to be fulfilled by some relationship other than that of Jesus Christ, we are going to be living in disappointment our entire lives. Having had many failed relationships myself, I realized that I looked for fulfillment in them. When I put Christ first in my life and let him lead me instead of my own selfish fleshly desires, Christ guided me to the perfect man to share my life with, of course, he took 2nd to Christ. My husband now for almost 2 years also holds Christ as his number one relationship, not me. I wouldn’t have it any other way. Find Christ, He’ll find your mate.