Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'm Back to the Blog!


Post Shareathon 2008

Going into Shareathon can be a really crazy time here at Spirit FM and I didn't get to do ONE blog! But I'm back and ready to pen a few blogs. (Though no actual penning will take place, more typing really)

First, THANK YOU! If you prayed for us, if you made a faith promise, if you thought about us, even if you just tuned us in for 2 min during Shareathon...THANKS!

Trust me, asking for financial support is NOT fun. But we are a listener supported radio ministry and we rely on people just like you to give a faith promise to keep us on the air. So again, a very heartfelt thank you!

Speaking on Trust, that is something God has been teaching me lately. Or at least it feels like it. Since taking over the morning show I have been very, very, very worried about this years Shareathon. Ratings are one thing. (And ours have been very good) Shareathon is another.

If a show is doing well, usually it will be supported well. The show Abby and I do is very different from any other Christian morning show or any Spirit FM has had before. Abby and I really try to be real people, who we really are. The people you meet out at an event or hear on your radio are the same people our good friends know and love. There are no "Radio Versions" of Carlos and Abby, we are who we are and that's it. We'll talk about things we find funny, things in the news, things we see out and on TV or whatever we find topical. So going into Shareathon I was wondering, "Would people love the show and see our hearts and really buy into what we want to do in the mornings". I prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed because I didn't want to fail. I didn't want to fail God, who gave me this amazing opportunity, fail Spirit FM for entrusting me with the most important time slot of the day or fail myself, fail my family, fail my friends, fail, fail, fail, fail just kept pounding on my heart...Then....like an atom bomb...BOOOM! I got this...

(And God should have said, HEY YOU! DUMMY! STOP YOUR WORRY AND LISTEN UP! YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER IS GOING TO BLOW YOUR MIND!)

Instead, like a still small voice I got: Prov. 3:5-6 "Trust the Lord with all your heart and don't depend on your own understanding. Remember the Lord in all you do and He will give you success.

I love that verse. I use it all the time. But just then, it's like a giant fog around the verse lifted and I really understood what God was saying to me. Put me first and trust me. It's no accident you are where you are. Walk by faith and I'll take care of the rest.

Shareathon went very well for the Big Big House Morning Show and all of Spirit FM for that matter. And I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Spirit FM will be taken care of because God is faithful and His word is true.

Besides, I heard once that worry only brings grey hair. I'm not ready for much grey hair. God is in control and I hope you enjoy our little morning show. The Big Big House Morning Show, brought to you worry free all thanks to our Heavenly Father.

Carlos

No comments: