Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sometimes I Just Don't Get It

I'm still learning. That's what I keep telling myself. I'm still learning. God help me. I'm still learning.

Some days life hands you lemons and the best you can do is make a mess. That's how I feel every now and then and today is one of those "now's". Radio being the funny thing that it is has so many different personalities, so many different view points, so many different people and only one Abby and one me. Two to meet the thousands.

Some people who listen can appreciate sarcasm, thank the Lord for those people. Abby and I have to fight the use of sarcasm since we can both be very sarcastic from time to time. Some people want me to say something deep and meaningful every time I crack the mic. I apologize to those people. If I were that guy I'd write books and try to make millions with some form of pseudo self-help jargon. Some people want to hear me talk about God every time I talk about anything. Maybe not a 100% of the time, but I do it most of the time without having to say His name. The basic underlying principles of how he wants us to act or react or live and love it at the heart of what I say on air. I want people to see me and how I choose to live and see a reflection of the one I serve. Jesus.

What I'm learning is that I don't know anything. And that's ok. Because God does. For whatever reason he's got me here at Spirit FM, for whatever reason I get the task of being on the morning show. I may not always say what you want me to say or say the "right thing" but when I talk about a situation on the air, I speak from my heart. And God knows, I want to be a good representation of who he is in my life. The center, the core, the essence of who I am, the reason I breathe and the reason I get up at 4am to come to a little radio station and try to make someones morning/day/week. I may not be for everyone. I may not be your cup of tea. But I am for Jesus. 100%.

Carlos

No comments: