Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm Back / Fringe

Hello Again / Lessons from Sci-fi

So...I'm back...did you miss me? I missed the blog more than you know, I just took a little time to recharge my sarcasm, fine tune my antenna to God and make a little sense of a few things. So...hello again.
I love my DVR. Odd segue but its the best I could come up with.
I really do love that little guy. Sits there ever so quietly on my shelf just doing what its been told to do. I never have to check it, never have to remind it, only say to it, "SHOW ME" and out comes everything I ever wanted to see and hear in the 50 inch glory of my HDTV. (Insert angelic church choir here)
I was playing catch up on my DVR listings and made it a "Fringe" night. If your not familiar with the show its basically X-Files 2.0, only better and no David Duchovny constantly looking sad eyed even when he is trying to look happy.
This episode was all based around a tiny town called Edina where the inhabitants had been experimented on in the late 1970's by the U.S. government and been rendered horribly disfigured. One of the scientists at the time realizes what has happened and creates a giant transmitter that has the ability to conceals their true identity within the city limits of Edina. Meaning, if you were to wonder into Edina, you wouldn't see the people as they truly were, horribly disfigured, you would see them as looking as normal as you or I. Catch one outside the city limits and 'poof' the veil is lifted and the truth revealed.
How I made the jump to my faith I still dont know, but this made perfect sense to me...
As people, we are all little mad scientists in our own right. On the outside, you may see this perfect radio DJ, with the perfect life, always in the will of God. But you truly have no idea what is on the inside. What things I struggle with, where I fall short, or how. (Not that its any of your business) Romans 3:23 is all you need to know "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" and yes that means your pastor or priest and yes, even the Pope. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble.
Be it through our speech or our actions, we have all created our own little transmitters that hide who we really art to the rest of the world. Horribly disfigured people who dont deserve the grace of God.
The good news is that God sees right to the heart of the matter. He can see past all the fluff of our Christian walk, see through the facade of our daily actions and get right to the heart or it. Right to the heart of us. That dark little corner we try so desperately to hide. In the episode of Fringe, some residents even resort to murder to hide the truth.
Thankfully, our ever loving God already knows who we are and is ready to forgive. He sees me as I am and loves me regardless. He knew me before he made me, knew my strengths and knew my weaknesses, knew how I would rise and how I would fall and still loves me. Paul tells us, "And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, sanctified, justified in the name of Christ our Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit or our God"
So today, PRAY, let God get to work on the inside of your heart. In those deep, dark little nooks and crannies where we hide the hideous from the rest of the world. To be honest, I don't need to know, nor want to know what you struggle with. Find an accountability partner to help your walk and then give the rest to God. In the episode the town gets to keep their transmitter and keep their little secret; after the truth came out and the "sin" was removed. So let God work on you, I don't need to know how or when. Just don't try and hide it, hoping nobody ever finds out because someone already know...Eccl 12:14 "For God shall bring every work to judgement, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Be Blessed.
Carlos