Friday, May 8, 2009

No Accident

Everyday Sunday

We recently had Trey from the band Everyday Sunday in studio. (By "recently" I mean almost a month ago) He came by to promote the new album, "Best Night of Our Lives" and during his time with us we talked about the car accident that could have easily ended the lives of everyone in the band. Watch the video to hear the full story:




A friend of mine recently saw this video and he called me a few hours after. Told me thank you for having him on. I never knew this but on his 17th birthday he went out with some friends and had a car accident eerily similar to the one Trey had with Everyday Sunday. He'd always chalked up his survival to "dumb luck" but after hearing the story he felt like God was pressing upon his heart that he had a plan for his life the same way he has plans for Trey's and that of Everyday Sunday. The accident he always called "dumb luck" he will now be calling a miracle.

I know that people have lost loved ones far to soon in life to car accidents like this one. I know many families have been ripped apart by tragic accidents. I know what it's like to ask God, why me? Why my family? Why my mother or father or son or daughter? I know what it's like to yell at God and ask the question, did you love them more than mine? Were they more special? Was mine not good enough to be saved?

If I had the answer, I'd give it to you. But I stand on this: God is good. All the time. No matter what.

Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

This does not mean that, if we entrust our lives to God, we will never suffer as a result of evil in the world. In fact, Jesus told His followers that they would certainly suffer, but that He Himself would give them the inner peace to have courage and joy in the midst of the suffering:
John 16:33 “These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”

And for those of you who may read this and still think God is up there playing with our lives and really doesn't care who does and doesn't die, read this: Ezek 18:32 "For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies," declares the Lord God.

God loves you. Life is hard. But God is bigger. Be Blessed!

Carlos

No comments: