Friday, August 21, 2009

So I Like Girl Music

Britt Nicole
Apparently, I am not allowed to like the new Britt Nicole CD "The Lost Get Found". Or at least that is what the fellas are telling me. Earlier this week I was loading some new tunes on my iTouch when my friend called me. For the sake of this blog and my life after it I have changed their names to protect...well myself.
Brother X calls me to say whats up, chit-chat a bit about life and see how I was doing. I tell him life is good and that I was just hanging at the casa loading some new music on the iTouch. Brother X being as big a music buff as I am says, "What are you loading in right now?" Not thinking I say, "Well the new album from Britt Nicole, its hot!"
The sound of silence can be deafening. "What?" He says after a few seconds of digesting the news that I not only have the new Britt Nicole album on my iTouch, BUT that I actually like it, a lot.
Life has a funny way about itself with me. He couldn't have called 3 minutes earlier when I was loading in the new album from RED or 5 minutes later when I loaded in the last album from P.O.D. He called at the exact moment that I was loading in a more "feminine friendly" CD. Let me say this about the new album from Britt Nicole. YES, I LIKE IT!
Yes, its kind of a girl record. Yes, its Pop music. BUT, it is full of His truth and a message that we ALL need to hear. She breaks down some very intimate life issues we all face in a relevant and positive manner. Her final track "Have Your Way" really moved me to the core. I played that song over and over and over when I first heard it.
Sometimes in life I can feel so alone and so broken like I am never ever good enough, I search and cry out to God like He can't hear me and at times I think He doesn't. But He does, He is always there. In the dark where we hide, He sits and waits, in the cold where we try to wonder off on our own, He walks right behind us. From the wilderness to the desert we run astray and yet He is always there right behind us, waiting for us to turn around and run home. That song just shook me to the core. I found myself praying again a very basic prayer I have always prayed.
"Lord, Have YOUR way in me. I give in, I SURRENDER to your will. I trust you God with where I am right now, where you have placed me and what you are doing. I will NOT let life dictate who I am. I will NOT let circumstance tell me what is. I give my life fully to you and know that you will HAVE YOUR WAY IN ME. Lord, take me, all of me. I am yours."
So yeah, it may be a girly CD, but I don't care, if you look for God in everything you do. He'll show up. Even in a song.
Be Blessed.
Carlos

No comments: